Dictionary Results for hollow|
1. hollow - noun
· a cavity or space in something; "hunger had caused the hollows in their cheeks"
Hypernym(s): cavity, enclosed_space
2. hollow - noun
· a small valley between mountains; "he built himself a cabin in a hollow high up in the Appalachians"
Hypernym(s): valley, vale
3. hollow - noun
· a depression hollowed out of solid matter
Hypernym(s): natural_depression, depression
4. hollow - verb
· remove the inner part or the core of; "the mining company wants to excavate the hillside"
Synonym(s): excavate, dig
Hypernym(s): remove, take, take_away, withdraw
5. hollow - verb
· remove the interior of; "hollow out a tree trunk"
Synonym(s): hollow_out, core_out
6. hollow - adjective
· not solid; having a space or gap or cavity; "a hollow wall"; "a hollow tree"; "hollow cheeks"; "his face became gaunter and more hollow with each year"
7. hollow - adjective
· as if echoing in a hollow space; "the hollow sound of footsteps in the empty ballroom"
8. hollow - adjective
· devoid of significance or force; "empty promises"; "a hollow victory"; "vacuous comments"
Synonym(s): empty, vacuous
9. hollow - adjective
· lacking in substance or character; "a hollow person"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.