Dictionary Results for heave|
1. heave - noun
· an upward movement (especially a rhythmical rising and falling); "the heaving of waves on a rough sea"
Hypernym(s): rise, rising, ascent, ascension
2. heave - noun
· (geology) a horizontal dislocation
Hypernym(s): movement, motion
3. heave - noun
· the act of lifting something with great effort
Hypernym(s): rise, ascent, ascension, ascending
4. heave - noun
· an involuntary spasm of ineffectual vomiting; "a bad case of the heaves"
5. heave - noun
· the act of raising something; "he responded with a lift of his eyebrow"; "fireman learn several different raises for getting ladders up"
Synonym(s): lift, raise
Hypernym(s): propulsion, actuation
6. heave - noun
· throwing something heavy (with great effort); "he gave it a mighty heave"; "he was not good at heaving passes"
7. heave - verb
· utter a sound, as with obvious effort; "She heaved a deep sigh when she saw the list of things to do"
Hypernym(s): utter, emit, let_out, let_loose
8. heave - verb
· throw with great effort
9. heave - verb
· rise and move, as in waves or billows; "The army surged forward"
Synonym(s): billow, surge
Hypernym(s): inflate, blow_up
10. heave - verb
· lift or elevate
Synonym(s): heave_up, heft, heft_up
11. heave - verb
· move or cause to move in a specified way, direction, or position; "The vessel hove into sight"
12. heave - verb
· breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted; "The runners reached the finish line, panting heavily"
Synonym(s): pant, puff, gasp
13. heave - verb
· bend out of shape, as under pressure or from heat; "The highway buckled during the heat wave"
Synonym(s): buckle, warp
14. heave - verb
· make an unsuccessful effort to vomit; strain to vomit
Synonym(s): gag, retch
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.