1. heave - noun
· an upward movement (especially a rhythmical rising and falling); "the heaving of waves on a rough sea"
2. heave - noun
· (geology) a horizontal dislocation
3. heave - noun
· the act of lifting something with great effort
4. heave - noun
· an involuntary spasm of ineffectual vomiting; "a bad case of the heaves"
5. heave - noun
· the act of raising something; "he responded with a lift of his eyebrow"; "fireman learn several different raises for getting ladders up"
6. heave - noun
· throwing something heavy (with great effort); "he gave it a mighty heave"; "he was not good at heaving passes"
7. heave - verb
· utter a sound, as with obvious effort; "She heaved a deep sigh when she saw the list of things to do"
8. heave - verb
· throw with great effort
9. heave - verb
· rise and move, as in waves or billows; "The army surged forward"
10. heave - verb
· lift or elevate
11. heave - verb
· move or cause to move in a specified way, direction, or position; "The vessel hove into sight"
12. heave - verb
· breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted; "The runners reached the finish line, panting heavily"
13. heave - verb
· bend out of shape, as under pressure or from heat; "The highway buckled during the heat wave"
14. heave - verb
· make an unsuccessful effort to vomit; strain to vomit
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.