Dictionary Results for heats|
1. heat - noun
· a form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature
Hypernym(s): energy, free_energy
2. heat - noun
· the presence of heat
Synonym(s): hotness, high_temperature
3. heat - noun
· the sensation caused by heat energy
4. heat - noun
· the trait of being intensely emotional
Synonym(s): warmth, passion
Hypernym(s): emotionality, emotionalism
5. heat - noun
· applies to nonhuman mammals: a state or period of heightened sexual arousal and activity
Synonym(s): estrus, oestrus, rut
Hypernym(s): physical_condition, physiological_state, physiological_condition
6. heat - noun
· a preliminary race in which the winner advances to a more important race
7. heat - noun
· utility to warm a building; "the heating system wasn't working"; "they have radiant heating"
Synonym(s): heating_system, heating_plant, heating
8. heat - verb
· make hot or hotter; "the sun heats the oceans"; "heat the water on the stove"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
9. heat - verb
· provide with heat; "heat the house"
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
10. heat - verb
· arouse or excite feelings and passions; "The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor"; "The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world"; "Wake old feelings of hatred"
Synonym(s): inflame, stir_up, wake, ignite, fire_up
Hypernym(s): arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
11. heat - verb
· gain heat or get hot; "The room heated up quickly"
Synonym(s): hot_up, heat_up
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.