Dictionary Results for heart|
1. heart - noun
· the locus of feelings and intuitions; "in your heart you know it is true"; "her story would melt your bosom"
Hypernym(s): intuition, hunch, suspicion
2. heart - noun
· the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body; "he stood still, his heart thumping wildly"
Synonym(s): pump, ticker
Hypernym(s): internal_organ, viscus
3. heart - noun
· the courage to carry on; "he kept fighting on pure spunk"; "you haven't got the heart for baseball"
Synonym(s): mettle, nerve, spunk
Hypernym(s): courage, courageousness, bravery, braveness
4. heart - noun
· an area that is approximately central within some larger region; "it is in the center of town"; "they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"; "they were in the eye of the storm"
Synonym(s): center, centre, middle, eye
Hypernym(s): area, country
5. heart - noun
· the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
Synonym(s): kernel, substance, core, center, centre, essence, gist, heart_and_soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty
Hypernym(s): content, cognitive_content, mental_object
6. heart - noun
· an inclination or tendency of a certain kind; "he had a change of heart"
Hypernym(s): disposition, temperament
7. heart - noun
· a plane figure with rounded sides curving inward at the top and intersecting at the bottom; conventionally used on playing cards and valentines; "he drew a heart and called it a valentine"
Hypernym(s): plane_figure, two-dimensional_figure
8. heart - noun
· a firm rather dry variety meat (usually beef or veal); "a five-pound beef heart will serve six"
Hypernym(s): variety_meat, organs
9. heart - noun
· a positive feeling of liking; "he had trouble expressing the affection he felt"; "the child won everyone's heart"; "the warmness of his welcome made us feel right at home"
Synonym(s): affection, affectionateness, fondness, tenderness, warmness, warmheartedness, philia
10. heart - noun
· a playing card in the major suit that has one or more red hearts on it; "he led the queen of hearts"; "hearts were trumps"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.