Dictionary Results for headed|
1. head - verb
· to go or travel towards; "where is she heading"; "We were headed for the mountains"
Hypernym(s): proceed, go_forward, continue
2. head - verb
· be in charge of; "Who is heading this project?"
3. head - verb
· travel in front of; go in advance of others; "The procession was headed by John"
Hypernym(s): precede, lead
4. head - verb
· be the first or leading member of (a group) and excel; "This student heads the class"
5. head - verb
· direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
Synonym(s): steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, guide, channelize, channelise
Hypernym(s): control, command
6. head - verb
· take its rise; "These rivers head from a mountain range in the Himalayas"
Hypernym(s): originate, arise, rise, develop, uprise, spring_up, grow
7. head - verb
· be in the front of or on top of; "The list was headed by the name of the president"
8. head - verb
· form a head or come or grow to a head; "The wheat headed early this year"
9. head - verb
· remove the head of; "head the fish"
Hypernym(s): remove, take, take_away, withdraw
10. headed - adjective
· having a heading or course in a certain direction; "westward headed wagons"
11. headed - adjective
· having a heading or caption; "a headed column"; "headed notepaper"
12. headed - adjective
· having a head of a specified kind or anything that serves as a head; often used in combination; "headed bolts"; "three-headed Cerberus"; "a cool-headed fighter pilot"
13. headed - adjective
· of leafy vegetables; having formed into a head; "headed cabbages"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.