Dictionary Results for hands|
1. hands - noun
· (with `in') guardianship over; in divorce cases it is the right to house and care for and discipline a child; "my fate is in your hands"; "too much power in the president's hands"; "your guests are now in my custody"; "the mother was awarded custody of the children"
Hypernym(s): guardianship, keeping, safekeeping
2. hands - noun
· the force of workers available
Synonym(s): work_force, workforce, manpower, men
Hypernym(s): force, personnel
3. hand - noun
· the (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb; "he had the hands of a surgeon"; "he extended his mitt"
Synonym(s): manus, mitt, paw
4. hand - noun
· a hired laborer on a farm or ranch; "the hired hand fixed the railing"; "a ranch hand"
Synonym(s): hired_hand, hired_man
Hypernym(s): laborer, manual_laborer, labourer, jack
5. hand - noun
· something written by hand; "she recognized his handwriting"; "his hand was illegible"
Synonym(s): handwriting, script
6. hand - noun
· ability; "he wanted to try his hand at singing"
Hypernym(s): ability, power
7. hand - noun
· a position given by its location to the side of an object; "objections were voiced on every hand"
8. hand - noun
· the cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time; "I didn't hold a good hand all evening"; "he kept trying to see my hand"
Hypernym(s): collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
9. hand - noun
· one of two sides of an issue; "on the one hand..., but on the other hand..."
10. hand - noun
· a rotating pointer on the face of a timepiece; "the big hand counts the minutes"
11. hand - noun
· a unit of length equal to 4 inches; used in measuring horses; "the horse stood 20 hands"
Hypernym(s): handbreadth, handsbreadth
12. hand - noun
· a member of the crew of a ship; "all hands on deck"
Hypernym(s): sailor, crewman
13. hand - noun
· a card player in a game of bridge; "we need a 4th hand for bridge"
14. hand - noun
· a round of applause to signify approval; "give the little lady a great big hand"
Hypernym(s): applause, hand_clapping, clapping
15. hand - noun
· terminal part of the forelimb in certain vertebrates (e.g. apes or kangaroos); "the kangaroo's forearms seem undeveloped but the powerful five-fingered hands are skilled at feinting and clouting"- Springfield (Mass.) Union
16. hand - noun
· physical assistance; "give me a hand with the chores"
Hypernym(s): aid, assist, assistance, help
17. hand - verb
· place into the hands or custody of; "hand me the spoon, please"; "Turn the files over to me, please"; "He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers"
Synonym(s): pass, reach, pass_on, turn_over, give
18. hand - verb
· guide or conduct or usher somewhere; "hand the elderly lady into the taxi"
Hypernym(s): lead, take, direct, conduct, guide
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.