1. halcyon - noun
· (Greek mythology) a woman who was turned into a kingfisher
2. halcyon - noun
· a large kingfisher widely distributed in warmer parts of the Old World
3. halcyon - noun
· a mythical bird said to breed at the time of the winter solstice in a nest floating on the sea and to have the power of calming the winds and waves
4. halcyon - adjective
· idyllically calm and peaceful; suggesting happy tranquillity; "a halcyon atmosphere"
5. halcyon - adjective
· marked by peace and prosperity; "a golden era"; "the halcyon days of the clipper trade"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.