Dictionary Results for gum|
1. gum - noun
· a preparation (usually made of sweetened chicle) for chewing
Hypernym(s): sweet, confection
2. gum - noun
· the tissue (covered by mucous membrane) of the jaws that surrounds the bases of the teeth
3. gum - noun
· any of various substances (soluble in water) that exude from certain plants; they are gelatinous when moist but harden on drying
Hypernym(s): exudate, exudation
4. gum - noun
· cement consisting of a sticky substance that is used as an adhesive
Synonym(s): glue, mucilage
5. gum - noun
· wood or lumber from any of various gum trees especially the sweet gum
6. gum - noun
· any of various trees of the genera Eucalyptus or Liquidambar or Nyssa that are sources of gum
7. gum - verb
· cover, fill, fix or smear with or as if with gum; "if you gum the tape it is stronger"
Hypernym(s): put_on, apply
8. gum - verb
· grind with the gums; chew without teeth and with great difficulty; "the old man had no teeth left and mumbled his food"
Hypernym(s): chew, masticate, manducate, jaw
9. gum - verb
· become sticky
10. gum - verb
· exude or form gum; "these trees gum in the Spring"
Hypernym(s): exude, exudate, transude, ooze_out, ooze
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.