Dictionary Results for guard|
1. guard - noun
· a person who keeps watch over something or someone
Hypernym(s): defender, guardian, protector, shielder
2. guard - noun
· the person who plays that position on a football team; "the left guard was injured on the play"
3. guard - noun
· a device designed to prevent injury or accidents
Synonym(s): safety, safety_device
4. guard - noun
· a posture of defence in boxing or fencing; "keep your guard up"
Hypernym(s): position, posture, attitude
5. guard - noun
· the person who plays the position of guard on a basketball team
Hypernym(s): basketball_player, basketeer, cager
6. guard - noun
· a military unit serving to protect some place or person
Hypernym(s): military_unit, military_force, military_group, force
7. guard - noun
· a precautionary measure warding off impending danger or damage or injury etc.; "he put an ice pack on the injury as a precaution"; "an insurance policy is a good safeguard"; "we let our guard down"
Synonym(s): precaution, safeguard
Hypernym(s): measure, step
8. guard - noun
· the duty of serving as a sentry; "he was on guard that night"
Synonym(s): guard_duty, sentry_duty, sentry_go
Hypernym(s): assignment, duty_assignment
9. guard - noun
· (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage; "guards must be good blockers"
10. guard - noun
· a position on a basketball team
11. guard - verb
· to keep watch over; "there would be men guarding the horses"
Hypernym(s): watch, observe, follow, watch_over, keep_an_eye_on
12. guard - verb
· watch over or shield from danger or harm; protect; "guard my possessions while I'm away"
13. guard - verb
· protect against a challenge or attack; "Hold that position behind the trees!"; "Hold the bridge against the enemy's attacks"
Synonym(s): defend, hold
14. guard - verb
· take precautions in order to avoid some unwanted consequence; "guard against becoming too friendly with the staff"; "guard against infection"
Hypernym(s): act, move
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.