Dictionary Results for growing|
1. growing - noun
· (biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level; "he proposed an indicator of osseous development in children"
Synonym(s): growth, maturation, development, ontogeny, ontogenesis
Hypernym(s): organic_process, biological_process
2. growing - noun
· (electronics) the production of (semiconductor) crystals by slow crystallization from the molten state
3. grow - verb
· pass into a condition gradually, take on a specific property or attribute; become; "The weather turned nasty"; "She grew angry"
4. grow - verb
· become larger, greater, or bigger; expand or gain; "The problem grew too large for me"; "Her business grew fast"
5. grow - verb
· increase in size by natural process; "Corn doesn't grow here"; "In these forests, mushrooms grow under the trees"; "her hair doesn't grow much anymore"
6. grow - verb
· cause to grow or develop; "He grows vegetables in his backyard"
Hypernym(s): develop, make_grow
7. grow - verb
· develop and reach maturity; undergo maturation; "He matured fast"; "The child grew fast"
Synonym(s): mature, maturate
8. grow - verb
· come into existence; take on form or shape; "A new religious movement originated in that country"; "a love that sprang up from friendship"; "the idea for the book grew out of a short story"; "An interesting phenomenon uprose"
Synonym(s): originate, arise, rise, develop, uprise, spring_up
9. grow - verb
· cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques; "The Bordeaux region produces great red wines"; "They produce good ham in Parma"; "We grow wheat here"; "We raise hogs here"
Synonym(s): raise, farm, produce
10. grow - verb
· come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes); "He grew a beard"; "The patient developed abdominal pains"; "I got funny spots all over my body"; "Well-developed breasts"
Synonym(s): develop, produce, get, acquire
11. grow - verb
· grow emotionally or mature; "The child developed beautifully in her new kindergarten"; "When he spent a summer at camp, the boy grew noticeably and no longer showed some of his old adolescent behavior"
12. grow - verb
· become attached by or as if by the process of growth; "The tree trunks had grown together"
13. growing - adjective
· relating to or suitable for growth; "the growing season for corn"; "good growing weather"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.