Dictionary Results for green|
1. green - noun
· green color or pigment; resembling the color of growing grass
Synonym(s): greenness, viridity
Hypernym(s): chromatic_color, chromatic_colour, spectral_color, spectral_colour
2. green - noun
· a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area; "they went for a walk in the park"
Synonym(s): park, commons, common
Hypernym(s): tract, piece_of_land, piece_of_ground, parcel_of_land, parcel
3. green - noun
· United States labor leader who was president of the American Federation of Labor from 1924 to 1952 and who led the struggle with the Congress of Industrial Organizations (1873-1952)
Synonym(s): Green, William_Green
4. green - noun
· an environmentalist who belongs to the Green Party
Hypernym(s): environmentalist, conservationist
5. green - noun
· a river that rises in western Wyoming and flows southward through Utah to become a tributary of the Colorado River
Synonym(s): Green, Green_River
6. green - noun
· an area of closely cropped grass surrounding the hole on a golf course; "the ball rolled across the green and into the bunker"
Synonym(s): putting_green, putting_surface
Hypernym(s): site, land_site
7. green - noun
· any of various leafy plants or their leaves and stems eaten as vegetables
Synonym(s): greens, leafy_vegetable
Hypernym(s): vegetable, veggie, veg
8. green - noun
· street names for ketamine
Synonym(s): K, jet, super_acid, special_K, honey_oil, cat_valium, super_C
Hypernym(s): ketamine, ketamine_hydrochloride, Ketalar
9. green - verb
· turn or become green; "The trees are greening"
Hypernym(s): discolor, discolour, colour, color
10. green - adjective
· of the color between blue and yellow in the color spectrum; similar to the color of fresh grass; "a green tree"; "green fields"; "green paint"
Synonym(s): greenish, light-green, dark-green
11. green - adjective
· concerned with or supporting or in conformity with the political principles of the Green Party
12. green - adjective
· not fully developed or mature; not ripe; "unripe fruit"; "fried green tomatoes"; "green wood"
Synonym(s): unripe, unripened, immature
13. green - adjective
· looking pale and unhealthy; "you're looking green"; "green around the gills"
14. green - adjective
· naive and easily deceived or tricked; "at that early age she had been gullible and in love"
Synonym(s): fleeceable, gullible
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.