Dictionary Results for grand|
1. grand - noun
· the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
Synonym(s): thousand, one_thousand, 1000, M, K, chiliad, G, thou, yard
2. grand - noun
· a piano with the strings on a horizontal harp-shaped frame; usually supported by three legs
Hypernym(s): piano, pianoforte, forte-piano
3. grand - adjective
· of behavior that is impressive and ambitious in scale or scope; "an expansive lifestyle"; "in the grand manner"; "collecting on a grand scale"; "heroic undertakings"
Synonym(s): expansive, heroic
4. grand - adjective
· of or befitting a lord; "heir to a lordly fortune"; "of august lineage"
Synonym(s): august, lordly
5. grand - adjective
· ostentatiously rich and superior in quality; "a princely sum"; "gilded dining rooms"; "these architecture magazines are full of the lush interiors of the rich and famous"
Synonym(s): deluxe, gilded, luxurious, opulent, princely, sumptuous, lush
6. grand - adjective
· extraordinarily good or great; used especially as intensifiers; "a fantastic trip to the Orient"; "the film was fantastic!"; "a howling success"; "a marvelous collection of rare books"; "had a rattling conversation about politics"; "a tremendous achievement"
Synonym(s): fantastic, howling, marvelous, marvellous, rattling, terrific, tremendous, wonderful, wondrous
7. grand - adjective
· of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style; "an exalted ideal"; "argue in terms of high-flown ideals"- Oliver Franks; "a noble and lofty concept"; "a grand purpose"
Synonym(s): exalted, elevated, sublime, high-flown, high-minded, lofty, rarefied, rarified, idealistic, noble-minded
8. grand - adjective
· large and impressive in physical size or extent; "the bridge is a grand structure"
9. grand - adjective
· the most important and magnificent in adornment; "grand ballroom"; "grand staircase"
10. grand - adjective
· used of a person's appearance or behavior; befitting an eminent person; "his distinguished bearing"; "the monarch's imposing presence"; "she reigned in magisterial beauty"
Synonym(s): distinguished, imposing, magisterial
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.