Dictionary Results for general|
1. general - noun
· a general officer of the highest rank
2. general - noun
· the head of a religious order or congregation
Hypernym(s): head, chief, top_dog
3. general - noun
· a fact about the whole (as opposed to particular); "he discussed the general but neglected the particular"
Antonym(s): particular, specific
4. general - verb
· command as a general; "We are generaled by an incompetent!"
5. general - adjective
· applying to all or most members of a category or group; "the general public"; "general assistance"; "a general rule"; "in general terms"; "comprehensible to the general reader"
6. general - adjective
· not specialized or limited to one class of things; "general studies"; "general knowledge"
7. general - adjective
· prevailing among and common to the general public; "the general discontent"
8. general - adjective
· affecting the entire body; "a general anesthetic"; "general symptoms"
9. general - adjective
· somewhat indefinite; "bearing a general resemblance to the original"; "a general description of the merchandise"
10. general - adjective
· of worldwide scope or applicability; "an issue of cosmopolitan import"; "the shrewdest political and ecumenical comment of our time"- Christopher Morley; "universal experience"
Synonym(s): cosmopolitan, ecumenical, oecumenical, universal, worldwide, world-wide
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.