1. gauge - noun
· a measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity such as the thickness of wire or the amount of rain etc.
2. gauge - noun
· accepted or approved instance or example of a quantity or quality against which others are judged or measured or compared
3. gauge - noun
· the distance between the rails of a railway or between the wheels of a train
4. gauge - noun
· the thickness of wire
5. gauge - noun
· diameter of a tube or gun barrel
6. gauge - verb
· judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
7. gauge - verb
· rub to a uniform size; "gauge bricks"
8. gauge - verb
· determine the capacity, volume, or contents of by measurement and calculation; "gauge the wine barrels"
9. gauge - verb
· measure precisely and against a standard; "the wire is gauged"
10. gauge - verb
· adapt to a specified measurement; "gauge the instruments"
11. gauge - verb
· mix in specific proportions; "gauge plaster"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.