Dictionary Results for gather|
1. gather - noun
· sewing consisting of small folds or puckers made by pulling tight a thread in a line of stitching
Hypernym(s): sewing, stitchery
2. gather - noun
· the act of gathering something
Hypernym(s): collection, collecting, assembling, aggregation
3. gather - verb
· assemble or get together; "gather some stones"; "pull your thoughts together"
Synonym(s): garner, collect, pull_together
4. gather - verb
· collect in one place; "We assembled in the church basement"; "Let's gather in the dining room"
Synonym(s): meet, assemble, forgather, foregather
5. gather - verb
· collect or gather; "Journals are accumulating in my office"; "The work keeps piling up"
Synonym(s): accumulate, cumulate, conglomerate, pile_up, amass
6. gather - verb
· conclude from evidence; "I gather you have not done your homework"
Hypernym(s): reason, reason_out, conclude
7. gather - verb
· draw together into folds or puckers
Synonym(s): pucker, tuck
Hypernym(s): sew, run_up, sew_together, stitch
8. gather - verb
· get people together; "assemble your colleagues"; "get together all those who are interested in the project"; "gather the close family members"
Synonym(s): assemble, get_together
9. gather - verb
· draw and bring closer; "she gathered her shawl around her shoulders"
10. gather - verb
· look for (food) in nature; "Our ancestors gathered nuts in the Fall"
Hypernym(s): search, seek, look_for
11. gather - verb
· increase or develop; "the peace movement gained momentum"; "the car gathers speed"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.