Dictionary Results for game|
1. game - noun
· a contest with rules to determine a winner; "you need four people to play this game"
2. game - noun
· a single play of a sport or other contest; "the game lasted two hours"
Hypernym(s): contest, competition
3. game - noun
· an amusement or pastime; "they played word games"; "he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time"; "his life was all fun and games"
Hypernym(s): diversion, recreation
4. game - noun
· animal hunted for food or sport
Hypernym(s): animal, animate_being, beast, brute, creature, fauna
5. game - noun
· (tennis) a division of play during which one player serves
Hypernym(s): part, section, division
6. game - noun
· (games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win; "the game is 6 all"; "he is serving for the game"
7. game - noun
· the flesh of wild animals that is used for food
8. game - noun
· a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal); "they concocted a plot to discredit the governor"; "I saw through his little game from the start"
Synonym(s): plot, secret_plan
Hypernym(s): scheme, strategy
9. game - noun
· the game equipment needed in order to play a particular game; "the child received several games for his birthday"
10. game - noun
· your occupation or line of work; "he's in the plumbing game"; "she's in show biz"
Hypernym(s): occupation, business, job, line_of_work, line
11. game - noun
· frivolous or trifling behavior; "for actors, memorizing lines is no game"; "for him, life is all fun and games"
Hypernym(s): play, frolic, romp, gambol, caper
12. game - verb
· place a bet on; "Which horse are you backing?"; "I'm betting on the new horse"
Synonym(s): bet_on, back, gage, stake, punt
Hypernym(s): bet, wager, play
13. game - adjective
· disabled in the feet or legs; "a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
Synonym(s): crippled, halt, halting, lame, gimpy
14. game - adjective
· willing to face danger
Synonym(s): gamy, gamey, gritty, mettlesome, spirited, spunky
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.