Dictionary Results for free|
1. free - noun
· people who are free; "the home of the free and the brave"
2. free - verb
· grant freedom to; free from confinement
Synonym(s): liberate, release, unloose, unloosen, loose
3. free - verb
· relieve from; "Rid the house of pests"
Synonym(s): rid, disembarrass
4. free - verb
· remove or force out from a position; "The dentist dislodged the piece of food that had been stuck under my gums"; "He finally could free the legs of the earthquake victim who was buried in the rubble"
Hypernym(s): remove, take, take_away, withdraw
5. free - verb
· grant relief or an exemption from a rule or requirement to; "She exempted me from the exam"
Synonym(s): exempt, relieve
6. free - verb
· make (information) available for publication; "release the list with the names of the prisoners"
Hypernym(s): issue, supply
7. free - verb
· free from obligations or duties
8. free - verb
· free or remove obstruction from; "free a path across the cluttered floor"
9. free - verb
· let off the hook; "I absolve you from this responsibility"
10. free - verb
· part with a possession or right; "I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest"; "resign a claim to the throne"
Synonym(s): release, relinquish, resign, give_up
Hypernym(s): pass, hand, reach, pass_on, turn_over, give
11. free - verb
· release (gas or energy) as a result of a chemical reaction or physical decomposition
Synonym(s): release, liberate
Hypernym(s): generate, bring_forth
12. free - verb
· make (assets) available; "release the holdings in the dictator's bank account"
Synonym(s): unblock, unfreeze, release
Hypernym(s): issue, supply
13. free - adjective
· not limited or hampered; not under compulsion or restraint; "free enterprise"; "a free port"; "a free country"; "I have an hour free"; "free will"; "free of racism"; "feel free to stay as long as you wish"; "a free choice"
14. free - adjective
· unconstrained or not chemically bound in a molecule or not fixed and capable of relatively unrestricted motion; "free expansion"; "free oxygen"; "a free electron"
15. free - adjective
· costing nothing; "complimentary tickets"; "free admission"
Synonym(s): complimentary, costless, gratis, gratuitous
16. free - adjective
· not occupied or in use; "a free locker"; "a free lane"
17. free - adjective
· not fixed in position; "the detached shutter fell on him"; "he pulled his arm free and ran"
18. free - adjective
· not held in servitude; "after the Civil War he was a free man"
19. free - adjective
· not taken up by scheduled activities; "a free hour between classes"; "spare time on my hands"
20. free - adjective
· completely wanting or lacking; "writing barren of insight"; "young recruits destitute of experience"; "innocent of literary merit"; "the sentence was devoid of meaning"
Synonym(s): barren, destitute, devoid, innocent
21. free - adjective
· not literal; "a loose interpretation of what she had been told"; "a free translation of the poem"
Synonym(s): loose, liberal
22. free - adverb
· without restraint; "cows in India are running loose"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.