1. foil - noun
· a piece of thin and flexible sheet metal; "the photographic film was wrapped in foil"
2. foil - noun
· anything that serves by contrast to call attention to another thing's good qualities; "pretty girls like plain friends as foils"
3. foil - noun
· a device consisting of a flat or curved piece (as a metal plate) so that its surface reacts to the water it is passing through; "the fins of a fish act as hydrofoils"
4. foil - noun
· picture consisting of a positive photograph or drawing on a transparent base; viewed with a projector
5. foil - noun
· a light slender flexible sword tipped by a button
6. foil - verb
· enhance by contrast; "In this picture, the figures are foiled against the background"
7. foil - verb
· hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
8. foil - verb
· cover or back with foil; "foil mirrors"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.