Dictionary Results for flux|
1. flux - noun
· the rate of flow of energy or particles across a given surface
2. flux - noun
· a flow or discharge
Hypernym(s): flow, flowing
3. flux - noun
· a substance added to molten metals to bond with impurities that can then be readily removed
Hypernym(s): chemical, chemical_substance
4. flux - noun
· excessive discharge of liquid from a cavity or organ (as in watery diarrhea)
5. flux - noun
· a state of uncertainty about what should be done (usually following some important event) preceding the establishment of a new direction of action; "the flux following the death of the emperor"
6. flux - noun
· the lines of force surrounding a permanent magnet or a moving charged particle
Synonym(s): magnetic_field, magnetic_flux
Hypernym(s): field, field_of_force, force_field
7. flux - noun
· (physics) the number of changes in energy flow across a given surface per unit area
Hypernym(s): density, denseness
8. flux - noun
· in constant change; "his opinions are in flux"; "the newness and flux of the computer industry"
9. flux - verb
· move or progress freely as if in a stream; "The crowd flowed out of the stadium"
10. flux - verb
· become liquid or fluid when heated; "the frozen fat liquefied"
Synonym(s): liquefy, liquify
11. flux - verb
· mix together different elements; "The colors blend well"
Synonym(s): blend, mix, conflate, commingle, immix, fuse, coalesce, meld, combine, merge
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.