Dictionary Results for flash|
1. flash - noun
· a sudden intense burst of radiant energy
Hypernym(s): happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural_event
2. flash - noun
· a momentary brightness
3. flash - noun
· a short vivid experience; "a flash of emotion swept over him"; "the flashings of pain were a warning"
4. flash - noun
· a sudden brilliant understanding; "he had a flash of intuition"
Hypernym(s): insight, brainstorm, brainwave
5. flash - noun
· a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash"
Synonym(s): blink_of_an_eye, heartbeat, instant, jiffy, split_second, trice, twinkling, wink, New_York_minute
Hypernym(s): moment, mo, minute, second, bit
6. flash - noun
· a gaudy outward display
Synonym(s): ostentation, fanfare
7. flash - noun
· a burst of light used to communicate or illuminate
8. flash - noun
· a short news announcement concerning some on-going news story
Synonym(s): news_bulletin, newsflash, newsbreak
9. flash - noun
· a bright patch of color used for decoration or identification; "red flashes adorned the airplane"; "a flash sewn on his sleeve indicated the unit he belonged to"
10. flash - noun
· a lamp for providing momentary light to take a photograph
Synonym(s): photoflash, flash_lamp, flashgun, flashbulb, flash_bulb
Hypernym(s): lamp, photographic_equipment
11. flash - verb
· gleam or glow intermittently; "The lights were flashing"
Synonym(s): blink, wink, twinkle, winkle
12. flash - verb
· appear briefly; "The headlines flashed on the screen"
13. flash - verb
· display proudly; act ostentatiously or pretentiously; "he showed off his new sports car"
Synonym(s): flaunt, show_off, ostentate, swank
Hypernym(s): expose, exhibit, display
14. flash - verb
· make known or cause to appear with great speed; "The latest intelligence is flashed to all command posts"
15. flash - verb
· run or move very quickly or hastily; "She dashed into the yard"
Synonym(s): dart, dash, scoot, scud, shoot
Hypernym(s): rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt_along, rush_along, cannonball_along, bucket_along, belt_along, step_on_it
16. flash - verb
· expose or show briefly; "he flashed a $100 bill"
17. flash - verb
· protect by covering with a thin sheet of metal; "flash the roof"
18. flash - verb
· emit a brief burst of light; "A shooting star flashed and was gone"
19. flash - adjective
· tastelessly showy; "a flash car"; "a flashy ring"; "garish colors"; "a gaudy costume"; "loud sport shirts"; "a meretricious yet stylish book"; "tawdry ornaments"
Synonym(s): brassy, cheap, flashy, garish, gaudy, gimcrack, loud, meretricious, tacky, tatty, tawdry, trashy
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.