Dictionary Results for flap|
1. flap - noun
· any broad thin and limber covering attached at one edge; hangs loose or projects freely; "he wrote on the flap of the envelope"
2. flap - noun
· an excited state of agitation; "he was in a dither"; "there was a terrible flap about the theft"
Synonym(s): dither, pother, fuss, tizzy
3. flap - noun
· the motion made by flapping up and down
Synonym(s): flapping, flutter, fluttering
Hypernym(s): wave, undulation
4. flap - noun
· a movable piece of tissue partly connected to the body
5. flap - noun
· a movable airfoil that is part of an aircraft wing; used to increase lift or drag
Hypernym(s): airfoil, aerofoil, control_surface, surface
6. flap - verb
· move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion; "The curtains undulated"; "the waves rolled towards the beach"
Synonym(s): roll, undulate, wave
7. flap - verb
· move noisily; "flags flapped in the strong wind"
Hypernym(s): beat, pound, thump
8. flap - verb
· move with a thrashing motion; "The bird flapped its wings"; "The eagle beat its wings and soared high into the sky"
Hypernym(s): move, displace
9. flap - verb
· move with a flapping motion; "The bird's wings were flapping"
10. flap - verb
· make a fuss; be agitated
Synonym(s): dither, pother
Hypernym(s): fuss, niggle, fret
11. flap - verb
· pronounce with a flap, of alveolar sounds
Hypernym(s): pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound_out, enunciate, say
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.