Dictionary Results for fired|
1. fire - verb
· start firing a weapon
Hypernym(s): blast, shoot
2. fire - verb
· cause to go off; "fire a gun"; "fire a bullet"
3. fire - verb
· bake in a kiln so as to harden; "fire pottery"
4. fire - verb
· terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
Synonym(s): displace, give_notice, can, dismiss, give_the_axe, send_away, sack, force_out, give_the_sack, terminate
5. fire - verb
· go off or discharge; "The gun fired"
Synonym(s): discharge, go_off
6. fire - verb
· drive out or away by or as if by fire; "The soldiers were fired"; "Surrender fires the cold skepticism"
Hypernym(s): chase_away, drive_out, turn_back, drive_away, dispel, drive_off, run_off
7. fire - verb
· call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
Synonym(s): arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, raise, provoke
Hypernym(s): make, create
8. fire - verb
· destroy by fire; "They burned the house and his diaries"
Synonym(s): burn, burn_down
Hypernym(s): destroy, ruin
9. fire - verb
· provide with fuel; "Oil fires the furnace"
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
10. fire - verb
· generate an electrical impulse; "the neurons fired fast"
11. fire - verb
· become ignited; "The furnace wouldn't fire"
12. fire - verb
· start or maintain a fire in; "fire the furnace"
Synonym(s): light, ignite
13. fired - adjective
· having lost your job
Synonym(s): discharged, dismissed, laid-off, pink-slipped
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.