Dictionary Results for fill|
1. fill - noun
· a quantity sufficient to satisfy; "he ate his fill of potatoes"; "she had heard her fill of gossip"
Hypernym(s): enough, sufficiency
2. fill - noun
· any material that fills a space or container; "there was not enough fill for the trench"
Hypernym(s): material, stuff
3. fill - verb
· make full, also in a metaphorical sense; "fill a container"; "fill the child with pride"
Synonym(s): fill_up, make_full
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
4. fill - verb
· become full; "The pool slowly filled with water"; "The theater filled up slowly"
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
5. fill - verb
· occupy the whole of; "The liquid fills the container"
6. fill - verb
· assume, as of positions or roles; "She took the job as director of development"; "he occupies the position of manager"; "the young prince will soon occupy the throne"
Synonym(s): take, occupy
Hypernym(s): work, do_work
7. fill - verb
· fill, satisfy or meet a want or need or condtion ro restriction; "does this paper meet the requirements for the degree?"; "This job doesn't match my dreams"; "meet a need"
Synonym(s): fit, conform_to, meet, satisfy, fulfill, fulfil
Hypernym(s): provide, supply, ply, cater
8. fill - verb
· appoint someone to (a position or a job)
Hypernym(s): hire, engage, employ
9. fill - verb
· eat until one is sated; "He filled up on turkey"
10. fill - verb
· fill to satisfaction; "I am sated"
Synonym(s): satiate, sate, replete
Hypernym(s): consume, ingest, take_in, take, have
11. fill - verb
· plug with a substance; "fill a cavity"
Hypernym(s): repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish_up, restore, touch_on
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.