Dictionary Results for file|
1. file - noun
· a set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together
2. file - noun
· a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other
Synonym(s): single_file, Indian_file
3. file - noun
· office furniture consisting of a container for keeping papers in order
Synonym(s): file_cabinet, filing_cabinet
4. file - noun
· a steel hand tool with small sharp teeth on some or all of its surfaces; used for smoothing wood or metal
5. file - verb
· record in a public office or in a court of law; "file for divorce"; "file a complaint"
6. file - verb
· smooth with a file; "file one's fingernails"
Hypernym(s): smooth, smoothen
7. file - verb
· proceed in line; "The students filed into the classroom"
Hypernym(s): march, process
8. file - verb
· file a formal charge against; "The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
Synonym(s): charge, lodge
Hypernym(s): accuse, impeach, incriminate, criminate
9. file - verb
· place in a container for keeping records; "File these bills, please"
Hypernym(s): record, enter, put_down
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.