1. female - noun
· an animal that produces gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes (spermatozoa)
2. female - noun
· a person who belongs to the sex that can have babies
3. female - adjective
· being the sex (of plant or animal) that produces fertilizable gametes (ova) from which offspring develop; "a female heir"; "female holly trees bear the berries"
4. female - adjective
· characteristic of or peculiar to a woman; "female sensitiveness"; "female suffrage"
5. female - adjective
· for or pertaining to or composed of women or girls; "the female lead in the play"; "a female chorus"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.