Dictionary Results for failed|
1. fail - verb
· fail to do something; leave something undone; "She failed to notice that her child was no longer in his crib"; "The secretary failed to call the customer and the company lost the account"
2. fail - verb
· be unsuccessful; "Where do today's public schools fail?"; "The attempt to rescue the hostages failed miserably"
Synonym(s): go_wrong, miscarry
3. fail - verb
· disappoint, prove undependable to; abandon, forsake; "His sense of smell failed him this time"; "His strength finally failed him"; "His children failed him in the crisis"
Hypernym(s): disappoint, let_down
4. fail - verb
· stop operating or functioning; "The engine finally went"; "The car died on the road"; "The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"; "The coffee maker broke"; "The engine failed on the way to town"; "her eyesight went after the accident"
Synonym(s): go_bad, give_way, die, give_out, conk_out, go, break, break_down
5. fail - verb
· be unable; "I fail to understand your motives"
6. fail - verb
· judge unacceptable; "The teacher failed six students"
Hypernym(s): evaluate, pass_judgment, judge
7. fail - verb
· fail to get a passing grade; "She studied hard but failed nevertheless"; "Did I fail the test?"
Synonym(s): flunk, bomb, flush_it
8. fail - verb
· fall short in what is expected; "She failed in her obligations as a good daughter-in-law"; "We must not fail his obligation to the victims of the Holocaust"
9. fail - verb
· become bankrupt or insolvent; fail financially and close; "The toy company went bankrupt after the competition hired cheap Mexican labor"; "A number of banks failed that year"
10. fail - verb
· prove insufficient; "The water supply for the town failed after a long drought"
Synonym(s): run_out, give_out
11. fail - verb
· get worse; "Her health is declining"
Hypernym(s): worsen, decline
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.