Dictionary Results for expressed|
1. express - verb
· give expression to; "She showed her disappointment"
Synonym(s): show, evince
2. express - verb
· articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise; "She expressed her anger"; "He uttered a curse"
Synonym(s): verbalize, verbalise, utter, give_tongue_to
3. express - verb
· serve as a means for expressing something; "The painting of Mary carries motherly love"; "His voice carried a lot of anger"
Synonym(s): carry, convey
Hypernym(s): communicate, intercommunicate
4. express - verb
· indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.; "Can you express this distance in kilometers?"
Hypernym(s): denote, refer
5. express - verb
· manifest the effects of (a gene or genetic trait); "Many of the laboratory animals express the trait"
Hypernym(s): realize, realise, actualize, actualise, substantiate
6. express - verb
· obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action; "Italians express coffee rather than filter it"
Synonym(s): press_out, extract
Hypernym(s): get, acquire
7. express - verb
· send by rapid transport or special messenger service; "She expressed the letter to Florida"
Hypernym(s): mail, post, send
8. expressed - adjective
· communicated in words; "frequently uttered sentiments"
Synonym(s): uttered, verbalized, verbalised
9. expressed - adjective
· precisely and clearly expressed or readily observable; leaving nothing to implication; "explicit instructions"; "she made her wishes explicit"; "explicit sexual scenes"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.