Dictionary Results for express|
1. express - noun
· mail that is distributed by a rapid and efficient system
2. express - noun
· public transport consisting of a fast train or bus that makes only a few scheduled stops; "he caught the express to New York"
3. express - noun
· rapid transport of goods
Hypernym(s): transportation, shipping, transport
4. express - verb
· give expression to; "She showed her disappointment"
Synonym(s): show, evince
5. express - verb
· articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise; "She expressed her anger"; "He uttered a curse"
Synonym(s): verbalize, verbalise, utter, give_tongue_to
6. express - verb
· serve as a means for expressing something; "The painting of Mary carries motherly love"; "His voice carried a lot of anger"
Synonym(s): carry, convey
Hypernym(s): communicate, intercommunicate
7. express - verb
· indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.; "Can you express this distance in kilometers?"
Hypernym(s): denote, refer
8. express - verb
· manifest the effects of (a gene or genetic trait); "Many of the laboratory animals express the trait"
Hypernym(s): realize, realise, actualize, actualise, substantiate
9. express - verb
· obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action; "Italians express coffee rather than filter it"
Synonym(s): press_out, extract
Hypernym(s): get, acquire
10. express - verb
· send by rapid transport or special messenger service; "She expressed the letter to Florida"
Hypernym(s): mail, post, send
11. express - adjective
· not tacit or implied; "her express wish"
12. express - adjective
· without unnecessary stops; "an express train"; "an express shipment"
13. express - adverb
· by express; "please send the letter express"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.