1. example - noun
· an item of information that is typical of a class or group; "this patient provides a typical example of the syndrome"; "there is an example on page 10"
2. example - noun
· a representative form or pattern; "I profited from his example"
3. example - noun
· something to be imitated; "an exemplar of success"; "a model of clarity"; "he is the very model of a modern major general"
4. example - noun
· punishment intended as a warning to others; "they decided to make an example of him"
5. example - noun
· an occurrence of something; "it was a case of bad judgment"; "another instance occurred yesterday"; "but there is always the famous example of the Smiths"
6. example - noun
· a task performed or problem solved in order to develop skill or understanding; "you must work the examples at the end of each chapter in the textbook"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.