1. engage - verb
· carry out or participate in an activity; be involved in; "She pursued many activities"; "They engaged in a discussion"
2. engage - verb
· consume all of one's attention or time; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
3. engage - verb
· engage or hire for work; "They hired two new secretaries in the department"; "How many people has she employed?"
4. engage - verb
· ask to represent; of legal counsel; "I'm retaining a lawyer"
5. engage - verb
· give to in marriage
6. engage - verb
· get caught; "make sure the gear is engaged"
7. engage - verb
· carry on (wars, battles, or campaigns); "Napoleon and Hitler waged war against all of Europe"
8. engage - verb
· hire for work or assistance; "engage aid, help, services, or support"
9. engage - verb
· engage for service under a term of contract; "We took an apartment on a quiet street"; "Let's rent a car"; "Shall we take a guide in Rome?"
10. engage - verb
· keep engaged; "engaged the gears"
11. engaging - adjective
· attracting or delighting; "an engaging frankness"; "a piquant face with large appealing eyes"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.