Dictionary Results for end|
1. end - noun
· either extremity of something that has length; "the end of the pier"; "she knotted the end of the thread"; "they rode to the end of the line"; "the terminals of the anterior arches of the fornix"
2. end - noun
· the point in time at which something ends; "the end of the year"; "the ending of warranty period"
Hypernym(s): point, point_in_time
Antonym(s): beginning, middle
3. end - noun
· the final stage or concluding parts of an event or occurrence; "the end was exciting"; "I had to miss the last of the movie"
Hypernym(s): ending, conclusion, finish
4. end - noun
· the state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it; "the ends justify the means"
Hypernym(s): content, cognitive_content, mental_object
5. end - noun
· a final part or section; "we have given it at the end of the section since it involves the calculus"; "Start at the beginning and go on until you come to the end"
Hypernym(s): part, section, division
Antonym(s): beginning, middle
6. end - noun
· a final state; "he came to a bad end"; "the so-called glorious experiment came to an inglorious end"
Synonym(s): destruction, death
7. end - noun
· the surface at either extremity of a three-dimensional object; "one end of the box was marked `This side up'"
8. end - noun
· (football) the person who plays at one end of the line of scrimmage; "the end managed to hold onto the pass"
9. end - noun
· a boundary marking the extremities of something; "the end of town"
Hypernym(s): boundary, bound, bounds
10. end - noun
· one of two places from which people are communicating to each other; "the phone rang at the other end"; "both ends wrote at the same time"
Hypernym(s): topographic_point, place, spot
11. end - noun
· the part you are expected to play; "he held up his end"
Hypernym(s): contribution, part, share
12. end - noun
· the last section of a communication; "in conclusion I want to say..."
Synonym(s): conclusion, close, closing, ending
Hypernym(s): section, subdivision
13. end - noun
· a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold
Synonym(s): remainder, remnant, oddment
Hypernym(s): piece_of_cloth, piece_of_material
14. end - noun
· (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage; "no one wanted to play end"
15. end - verb
· have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical; "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"; "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"; "My property ends by the bushes"; "The symphony ends in a pianissimo"
Synonym(s): stop, finish, terminate, cease
16. end - verb
· bring to an end or halt; "She ended their friendship when she found out that he had once been convicted of a crime"; "The attack on Poland terminated the relatively peaceful period after WW I"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
Antonym(s): begin, begin
17. end - verb
· be the end of; be the last or concluding part of; "This sad scene ended the movie"
18. end - verb
· put an end to; "The terrible news ended our hopes that he had survived"
Hypernym(s): destroy, destruct
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.