1. drown - verb
· cover completely or make imperceptible; "I was drowned in work"; "The noise drowned out her speech"
2. drown - verb
· get rid of as if by submerging; "She drowned her trouble in alcohol"
3. drown - verb
· die from being submerged in water, getting water into the lungs, and asphyxiating; "The child drowned in the lake"
4. drown - verb
· kill by submerging in water; "He drowned the kittens"
5. drown - verb
· be covered with or submerged in a liquid; "the meat was swimming in a fatty gravy"
6. drown - verb
· be in danger of dying from submersion in a liquid and asphyxiation; "the divers saved the drowning child"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.