1. douse - verb
· put out, as of a candle or a light; "Douse the lights"
2. douse - verb
· wet thoroughly
3. douse - verb
· dip into a liquid; "He dipped into the pool"
4. douse - verb
· immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate; "dip the garment into the cleaning solution"; "dip the brush into the paint"
5. douse - verb
· lower quickly; "douse a sail"
6. douse - verb
· slacken; "douse a rope"
7. douse - verb
· cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.