Dictionary Results for doubles|
1. doubles - noun
· badminton played with two players on each side
2. doubles - noun
· tennis played with two players on each side
Hypernym(s): tennis, lawn_tennis
3. double - noun
· a base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base; "he hit a double to deep centerfield"
Synonym(s): two-base_hit, two-bagger, two-baser
Hypernym(s): base_hit, safety
4. double - noun
· a stand-in for movie stars to perform dangerous stunts; "his first job in Hollywood was as a double for Clark Gable"
Synonym(s): stunt_man, stunt_woman
Hypernym(s): stand-in, substitute, relief, reliever, backup, backup_man, fill-in
5. double - noun
· someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor); "he could be Gingrich's double"; "she's the very image of her mother"
Synonym(s): image, look-alike
Hypernym(s): person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
6. double - noun
· a quantity that is twice as great as another; "36 is the double of 18"
7. double - noun
· raising the stakes in a card game by a factor of 2; "I decided his double was a bluff"
8. double - verb
· increase twofold; "The population doubled within 50 years"
Hypernym(s): multiply, manifold
9. double - verb
· hit a two-base hit
10. double - verb
· bend over or curl up, usually with laughter or pain; "He doubled and vomited violently"
Synonym(s): double_over, double_up
Hypernym(s): bend, flex
11. double - verb
· do double duty; serve two purposes or have two functions; "She doubles as his wife and secretary"
Hypernym(s): function, work, operate, go, run
12. double - verb
· bridge: make a demand for (a card or suit)
Hypernym(s): bid, call
13. double - verb
· make or do or perform again; "He could never replicate his brilliant performance of the magic trick"
Synonym(s): duplicate, reduplicate, repeat, replicate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.