1. double - noun
· a base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base; "he hit a double to deep centerfield"
2. double - noun
· a stand-in for movie stars to perform dangerous stunts; "his first job in Hollywood was as a double for Clark Gable"
3. double - noun
· someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor); "he could be Gingrich's double"; "she's the very image of her mother"
4. double - noun
· a quantity that is twice as great as another; "36 is the double of 18"
5. double - noun
· raising the stakes in a card game by a factor of 2; "I decided his double was a bluff"
6. double - verb
· increase twofold; "The population doubled within 50 years"
7. double - verb
· hit a two-base hit
8. double - verb
· bend over or curl up, usually with laughter or pain; "He doubled and vomited violently"
9. double - verb
· do double duty; serve two purposes or have two functions; "She doubles as his wife and secretary"
10. double - verb
· bridge: make a demand for (a card or suit)
11. double - verb
· make or do or perform again; "He could never replicate his brilliant performance of the magic trick"
12. double - adjective
· having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities; "a double (or dual) role for an actor"; "the office of a clergyman is twofold; public preaching and private influence"- R.W.Emerson; "every episode has its double and treble meaning"-Frederick Harrison
13. double - adjective
· consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs; "an egg with a double yolk"; "a double (binary) star"; "double doors"; "dual controls for pilot and copilot"; "duple (or double) time consists of two (or a multiple of two) beats to a measure"
14. double - adjective
· twice as great or many; "ate a double portion"; "the dose is doubled"; "a twofold increase"
15. double - adjective
· used of flowers having more than the usual number of petals in crowded or overlapping arrangements; "double chrysanthemums have many rows of petals and are usually spherical or hemispherical"
16. double - adjective
· used of homologous chromosomes associated in pairs in synapsis
17. double - adjective
· large enough for two; "a double bed"; "a double room"
18. double - adjective
· having two meanings with intent to deceive; "a sly double meaning"; "spoke with forked tongue"
19. double - adverb
· downward and forward; "he was bent double with pain"
20. double - adverb
· two together; "some people sleep better double"
21. double - adverb
· to double the degree; "she was doubly rewarded"; "his eyes were double bright"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.