Dictionary Results for dog|
1. dog - noun
· a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times; occurs in many breeds; "the dog barked all night"
Synonym(s): domestic_dog, Canis_familiaris
Hypernym(s): canine, canid, domestic_animal, domesticated_animal
2. dog - noun
· a dull unattractive unpleasant girl or woman; "she got a reputation as a frump"; "she's a real dog"
Hypernym(s): unpleasant_woman, disagreeable_woman
3. dog - noun
· informal term for a man; "you lucky dog"
Hypernym(s): chap, fellow, feller, fella, lad, gent, blighter, cuss, bloke
4. dog - noun
· someone who is morally reprehensible; "you dirty dog"
Synonym(s): cad, bounder, blackguard, hound, heel
Hypernym(s): villain, scoundrel
5. dog - noun
· a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll
Synonym(s): frank, frankfurter, hotdog, hot_dog, wiener, wienerwurst, weenie
6. dog - noun
· a hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward
Synonym(s): pawl, detent, click
Hypernym(s): catch, stop
7. dog - noun
· metal supports for logs in a fireplace; "the andirons were too hot to touch"
Synonym(s): andiron, firedog, dog-iron
8. dog - verb
· go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"
Synonym(s): chase, chase_after, trail, tail, tag, give_chase, go_after, track
Hypernym(s): pursue, follow
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.