Dictionary Results for division|
1. division - noun
· an army unit large enough to sustain combat; "two infantry divisions were held in reserve"
2. division - noun
· one of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole; "the written part of the exam"; "the finance section of the company"; "the BBC's engineering division"
Synonym(s): part, section
Hypernym(s): concept, conception, construct
3. division - noun
· the act or process of dividing
4. division - noun
· an administrative unit in government or business
Hypernym(s): administrative_unit, administrative_body
5. division - noun
· discord that splits a group
Hypernym(s): discord, dissension
6. division - noun
· a league ranked by quality; "he played baseball in class D for two years"; "Princeton is in the NCAA Division 1-AA"
Hypernym(s): league, conference
7. division - noun
· (biology) a group of organisms forming a subdivision of a larger category
8. division - noun
· (botany) taxonomic unit of plants corresponding to a phylum
9. division - noun
· a unit of the United States Air Force usually comprising two or more wings
10. division - noun
· a group of ships of similar type
11. division - noun
· an arithmetic operation that is the inverse of multiplication; the quotient of two numbers is computed
12. division - noun
· the act of dividing or partitioning; separation by the creation of a boundary that divides or keeps apart
Synonym(s): partition, partitioning, segmentation, sectionalization, sectionalisation
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.