Dictionary Results for discharged|
1. discharge - verb
· complete or carry out; "discharge one's duties"
Synonym(s): dispatch, complete
Hypernym(s): carry_through, accomplish, execute, carry_out, action, fulfill, fulfil
2. discharge - verb
· pour forth or release; "discharge liquids"
Hypernym(s): spread, distribute
3. discharge - verb
· free from obligations or duties
4. discharge - verb
· remove the charge from
Hypernym(s): remove, take, take_away, withdraw
5. discharge - verb
· go off or discharge; "The gun fired"
Synonym(s): fire, go_off
6. discharge - verb
· pronounce not guilty of criminal charges; "The suspect was cleared of the murder charges"
Synonym(s): acquit, assoil, clear, exonerate, exculpate
Hypernym(s): pronounce, label, judge
7. discharge - verb
· eliminate (a substance); "combustion products are exhausted in the engine"; "the plant releases a gas"
Synonym(s): exhaust, expel, eject, release
8. discharge - verb
· remove (cargo, people, etc.) from and leave; "unload the cargo"; "drop off the passengers at the hotel"
Synonym(s): drop, drop_off, set_down, put_down, unload
9. discharge - verb
· cause to go off; "fire a gun"; "fire a bullet"
10. discharge - verb
· release from military service
Hypernym(s): let_go_of, let_go, release, relinquish
11. discharge - verb
· become empty or void of its content; "The room emptied"
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
12. discharged - adjective
· having lost your job
Synonym(s): dismissed, fired, laid-off, pink-slipped
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.