1. dip - noun
· a depression in an otherwise level surface; "there was a dip in the road"
2. dip - noun
· (physics) the angle that a magnetic needle makes with the plane of the horizon
3. dip - noun
· a thief who steals from the pockets or purses of others in public places
4. dip - noun
· tasty mixture or liquid into which bite-sized foods are dipped
5. dip - noun
· a brief immersion
6. dip - noun
· a sudden sharp decrease in some quantity; "a drop of 57 points on the Dow Jones index"; "there was a drop in pressure in the pulmonary artery"; "a dip in prices"; "when that became known the price of their stock went into free fall"
7. dip - noun
· a candle that is made by repeated dipping in a pool of wax or tallow
8. dip - noun
· a brief swim in water
9. dip - noun
· a gymnastic exercise on the parallel bars in which the body is lowered and raised by bending and straightening the arms
10. dip - verb
· immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate; "dip the garment into the cleaning solution"; "dip the brush into the paint"
11. dip - verb
· dip into a liquid while eating; "She dunked the piece of bread in the sauce"
12. dip - verb
· go down momentarily; "Prices dipped"
13. dip - verb
· stain an object by immersing it in a liquid
14. dip - verb
· take a small amount from; "I had to dip into my savings to buy him this present"
15. dip - verb
· switch (a car's headlights) from a higher to a lower beam
16. dip - verb
· lower briefly; "She dipped her knee"
17. dip - verb
· appear to move downward; "The sun dipped below the horizon"; "The setting sun sank below the tree line"
18. dip - verb
· slope downwards; "Our property dips towards the river"
19. dip - verb
· dip into a liquid; "He dipped into the pool"
20. dip - verb
· place (candle wicks) into hot, liquid wax
21. dip - verb
· immerse in a disinfectant solution; "dip the sheep"
22. dip - verb
· plunge (one's hand or a receptacle) into a container; "He dipped into his pocket"
23. dip - verb
· scoop up by plunging one's hand or a ladle below the surface; "dip water out of a container"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.