Dictionary Results for dies|
1. die - noun
· a small cube with 1 to 6 spots on the six faces; used in gambling to generate random numbers
Hypernym(s): cube, square_block
2. die - noun
· a device used for shaping metal
3. die - noun
· a cutting tool that is fitted into a diestock and used for cutting male (external) screw threads on screws or bolts or pipes or rods
Hypernym(s): cutter, cutlery, cutting_tool
4. dy - noun
· a trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group; forms compounds that are highly magnetic
Synonym(s): dysprosium, Dy, atomic_number_66
Hypernym(s): metallic_element, metal
5. die - verb
· pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life; "She died from cancer"; "The children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"; "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
Synonym(s): decease, perish, go, exit, pass_away, expire, pass, kick_the_bucket, cash_in_one%27s_chips, buy_the_farm, conk, give-up_the_ghost, drop_dead, pop_off, choke, croak, snuff_it
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
6. die - verb
· suffer or face the pain of death; "Martyrs may die every day for their faith"
Hypernym(s): suffer, endure
7. die - verb
· be brought to or as if to the point of death by an intense emotion such as embarrassment, amusement, or shame; "I was dying with embarrassment when my little lie was discovered"; "We almost died laughing during the show"
Hypernym(s): break_down, lose_it, snap
8. die - verb
· stop operating or functioning; "The engine finally went"; "The car died on the road"; "The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"; "The coffee maker broke"; "The engine failed on the way to town"; "her eyesight went after the accident"
Synonym(s): fail, go_bad, give_way, give_out, conk_out, go, break, break_down
9. die - verb
· feel indifferent towards; "She died to worldly things and eventually entered a monastery"
Hypernym(s): feel, experience
10. die - verb
· languish as with love or desire; "She dying for a cigarette"; "I was dying to leave"
Hypernym(s): ache, yearn, yen, pine, languish
11. die - verb
· cut or shape with a die; "Die out leather for belts"
12. die - verb
· to be on base at the end of an inning, of a player
13. die - verb
· lose sparkle or bouquet; "wine and beer can pall"
Synonym(s): pall, become_flat
14. die - verb
· disappear or come to an end; "Their anger died"; "My secret will die with me!"
Hypernym(s): disappear, vanish, go_away
15. die - verb
· suffer spiritual death; be damned (in the religious sense); "Whosoever..believes in me shall never die"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.