1. design - noun
· the act of working out the form of something (as by making a sketch or outline or plan); "he contributed to the design of a new instrument"
2. design - noun
· an arrangement scheme; "the awkward design of the keyboard made operation difficult"; "it was an excellent design for living"; "a plan for seating guests"
3. design - noun
· something intended as a guide for making something else; "a blueprint for a house"; "a pattern for a skirt"
4. design - noun
· a decorative or artistic work; "the coach had a design on the doors"
5. design - noun
· an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions; "his intent was to provide a new translation"; "good intentions are not enough"; "it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"; "he made no secret of his designs"
6. design - noun
· a preliminary sketch indicating the plan for something; "the design of a building"
7. design - noun
· the creation of something in the mind
8. design - verb
· make or work out a plan for; devise; "They contrived to murder their boss"; "design a new sales strategy"; "plan an attack"
9. design - verb
· plan something for a specific role or purpose or effect; "This room is not designed for work"
10. design - verb
· create the design for; create or execute in an artistic or highly skilled manner; "Chanel designed the famous suit"
11. design - verb
· make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form; "design a better mousetrap"; "plan the new wing of the museum"
12. design - verb
· create designs; "Dupont designs for the house of Chanel"
13. design - verb
· conceive or fashion in the mind; invent; "She designed a good excuse for not attending classes that day"
14. design - verb
· intend or have as a purpose; "She designed to go far in the world of business"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.