Dictionary Results for curse|
1. curse - noun
· profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger; "expletives were deleted"
Synonym(s): curse_word, expletive, oath, swearing, swearword, cuss
2. curse - noun
· an appeal to some supernatural power to inflict evil on someone or some group
Synonym(s): execration, condemnation
Hypernym(s): denunciation, denouncement
3. curse - noun
· an evil spell; "a witch put a curse on his whole family"; "he put the whammy on me"
Synonym(s): hex, jinx, whammy
Hypernym(s): spell, magic_spell, magical_spell, charm
4. curse - noun
· something causing misery or death; "the bane of my life"
Synonym(s): bane, scourge, nemesis
5. curse - noun
· a severe affliction
6. curse - verb
· utter obscenities or profanities; "The drunken men were cursing loudly in the street"
Synonym(s): cuss, blaspheme, swear, imprecate
Hypernym(s): express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give_tongue_to
7. curse - verb
· heap obscenities upon; "The taxi driver who felt he didn't get a high enough tip cursed the passenger"
Hypernym(s): abuse, clapperclaw, blackguard, shout
8. curse - verb
· wish harm upon; invoke evil upon; "The bad witch cursed the child"
Synonym(s): beshrew, damn, bedamn, anathemize, anathemise, imprecate, maledict
Hypernym(s): raise, conjure, conjure_up, invoke, evoke, stir, call_down, arouse, bring_up, put_forward, call_forth
9. curse - verb
· exclude from a church or a religious community; "The gay priest was excommunicated when he married his partner"
Synonym(s): excommunicate, unchurch
Hypernym(s): exclude, keep_out, shut_out, shut
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.