Dictionary Results for cured|
1. cure - verb
· provide a cure for, make healthy again; "The treatment cured the boy's acne"; "The quack pretended to heal patients but never managed to"
Synonym(s): bring_around, heal
Hypernym(s): help, aid
2. cure - verb
· prepare by drying, salting, or chemical processing in order to preserve; "cure meats"; "cure pickles"; "cure hay"
Hypernym(s): preserve, keep
3. cure - verb
· make (substances) hard and improve their usability; "cure resin"; "cure cement"; "cure soap"
Hypernym(s): harden, indurate
4. cure - verb
· be or become preserved; "the apricots cure in the sun"
5. cured - adjective
· freed from illness or injury; "the patient appears cured"; "the incision is healed"; "appears to be entirely recovered"; "when the recovered patient tries to remember what occurred during his delirium"- Normon Cameron
Synonym(s): healed, recovered
6. cured - adjective
· (used of rubber) treated by a chemical or physical process to improve its properties (hardness and strength and odor and elasticity)
Synonym(s): vulcanized, vulcanised
7. cured - adjective
· (used of concrete or mortar) kept moist to assist the hardening
8. cured - adjective
· (used of hay e.g.) allowed to dry
9. cured - adjective
· (used especially of meat) cured in brine
10. cured - adjective
· (used of tobacco) aging as a preservative process (`aged' is pronounced as one syllable)
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.