Dictionary Results for crush|
1. crush - noun
· leather that has had its grain pattern accentuated
2. crush - noun
· a dense crowd of people
Synonym(s): jam, press
3. crush - noun
· temporary love of an adolescent
Synonym(s): puppy_love, calf_love, infatuation
4. crush - noun
· the act of crushing
Synonym(s): crunch, compaction
Hypernym(s): compression, compressing
5. crush - verb
· come down on or keep down by unjust use of one's authority; "The government oppresses political activists"
Synonym(s): oppress, suppress
6. crush - verb
· to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition; "crush an aluminum can"; "squeeze a lemon"
Synonym(s): squash, squelch, mash, squeeze
7. crush - verb
· come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
Synonym(s): beat, beat_out, shell, trounce, vanquish
Hypernym(s): get_the_better_of, overcome, defeat
8. crush - verb
· break into small pieces; "The car crushed the toy"
Hypernym(s): break_up, fragment, fragmentize, fragmentise
9. crush - verb
· humiliate or depress completely; "She was crushed by his refusal of her invitation"; "The death of her son smashed her"
Hypernym(s): humiliate, mortify, chagrin, humble, abase
10. crush - verb
· crush or bruise; "jam a toe"
Hypernym(s): bruise, contuse
11. crush - verb
· make ineffective; "Martin Luther King tried to break down racial discrimination"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
12. crush - verb
· become injured, broken, or distorted by pressure; "The plastic bottle crushed against the wall"
Hypernym(s): break, separate, split_up, fall_apart, come_apart
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.