Dictionary Results for crossing|
1. crossing - noun
· traveling across
Hypernym(s): travel, traveling, travelling
2. crossing - noun
· a shallow area in a stream that can be forded
Hypernym(s): body_of_water, water
3. crossing - noun
· a point where two lines (paths or arcs etc.) intersect
4. crossing - noun
· a junction where one street or road crosses another
Synonym(s): intersection, crossroad, crossway, carrefour
5. crossing - noun
· a path (often marked) where something (as a street or railroad) can be crossed to get from one side to the other
Synonym(s): crosswalk, crossover
6. crossing - noun
· (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids
Synonym(s): hybridization, hybridisation, crossbreeding, cross, interbreeding, hybridizing
Hypernym(s): coupling, mating, pairing, conjugation, union, sexual_union
7. crossing - noun
· a voyage across a body of water (usually across the Atlantic Ocean)
8. cross - verb
· travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"
Synonym(s): traverse, track, cover, pass_over, get_over, get_across, cut_through, cut_across
9. cross - verb
· meet at a point
Hypernym(s): meet, run_into, encounter, run_across, come_across, see
10. cross - verb
· hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
Synonym(s): thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, frustrate, baffle, bilk
Hypernym(s): prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
11. cross - verb
· fold so as to resemble a cross; "she crossed her legs"
Hypernym(s): fold, fold_up, turn_up
12. cross - verb
· to cover or extend over an area or time period; "Rivers traverse the valley floor"; "The parking lot spans 3 acres"; "The novel spans three centuries"
Synonym(s): traverse, span, sweep
Hypernym(s): cover, continue, extend
13. cross - verb
· meet and pass; "the trains crossed"
Hypernym(s): intersect, cross
14. cross - verb
· trace a line through or across; "cross your `t'"
15. cross - verb
· breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties; "cross a horse and a donkey"; "Mendel tried crossbreeding"; "these species do not interbreed"
Synonym(s): crossbreed, hybridize, hybridise, interbreed
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.