Dictionary Results for crisp|
1. crisp - noun
· a thin crisp slice of potato fried in deep fat
Synonym(s): chip, potato_chip, Saratoga_chip
2. crisp - verb
· make wrinkles or creases on a smooth surface; make a pressed, folded or wrinkled line in; `crisp' is archaic; "The dress got wrinkled"; "crease the paper like this to make a crane"
Synonym(s): wrinkle, ruckle, crease, crinkle, scrunch, scrunch_up
Hypernym(s): fold, fold_up, turn_up
3. crisp - verb
· make brown and crisp by heating; "toast bread"; "crisp potatoes"
Synonym(s): crispen, toast
Hypernym(s): heat, heat_up
4. crisp - adjective
· (of something seen or heard) clearly defined; "a sharp photographic image"; "the sharp crack of a twig"; "the crisp snap of dry leaves underfoot"
5. crisp - adjective
· tender and brittle; "crisp potato chips"
6. crisp - adjective
· pleasantly cold and invigorating; "crisp clear nights and frosty mornings"; "a nipping wind"; "a nippy fall day"; "snappy weather"
Synonym(s): frosty, nipping, nippy, snappy
7. crisp - adjective
· pleasingly firm and fresh; "crisp lettuce"
8. crisp - adjective
· (of hair) in small tight curls
Synonym(s): frizzly, frizzy, kinky, nappy
9. crisp - adjective
· brief and to the point; effectively cut short; "a crisp retort"; "a response so curt as to be almost rude"; "the laconic reply; `yes'"; "short and terse and easy to understand"
Synonym(s): curt, laconic, terse
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.