Dictionary Results for crash|
1. crash - noun
· a loud resonant repeating noise; "he could hear the clang of distant bells"
Synonym(s): clang, clangor, clangour, clangoring, clank, clash
2. crash - noun
· a serious accident (usually involving one or more vehicles); "they are still investigating the crash of the TWA plane"
3. crash - noun
· a sudden large decline of business or the prices of stocks (especially one that causes additional failures)
Hypernym(s): happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural_event
4. crash - noun
· the act of colliding with something; "his crash through the window"; "the fullback's smash into the defensive line"
Hypernym(s): hit, hitting, striking
5. crash - noun
· (computer science) an event that causes a computer system to become inoperative; "the crash occurred during a thunderstorm and the system has been down ever since"
Hypernym(s): mishap, misadventure, mischance
6. crash - verb
· fall or come down violently; "The branch crashed down on my car"; "The plane crashed in the sea"
Hypernym(s): descend, fall, go_down, come_down
7. crash - verb
· move with, or as if with, a crashing noise; "The car crashed through the glass door"
8. crash - verb
· undergo damage or destruction on impact; "the plane crashed into the ocean"; "The car crashed into the lamp post"
Hypernym(s): collide, clash
9. crash - verb
· move violently as through a barrier; "The terrorists crashed the gate"
10. crash - verb
· break violently or noisily; smash
Synonym(s): break_up, break_apart
11. crash - verb
· occupy, usually uninvited; "My son's friends crashed our house last weekend"
Hypernym(s): occupy, reside, lodge_in
12. crash - verb
· make a sudden loud sound; "the waves crashed on the shore and kept us awake all night"
Hypernym(s): sound, go
13. crash - verb
· enter uninvited; informal; "let's crash the party!"
Synonym(s): barge_in, gate-crash
Hypernym(s): intrude, irrupt
14. crash - verb
· cause to crash; "The terrorists crashed the plane into the palace"; "Mother crashed the motorbike into the lamppost"
15. crash - verb
· hurl or thrust violently; "He dashed the plate against the wall"; "Waves were dashing against the rock"
Hypernym(s): hurl, hurtle, cast
16. crash - verb
· undergo a sudden and severe downturn; "the economy crashed"; "will the stock market crash again?"
17. crash - verb
· stop operating; "My computer crashed last night"; "The system goes down at least once a week"
Hypernym(s): fail, go_bad, give_way, die, give_out, conk_out, go, break, break_down
18. crash - verb
· sleep in a convenient place; "You can crash here, though it's not very comfortable"
Synonym(s): doss, doss_down
Hypernym(s): bed_down, bunk_down
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.