Dictionary Results for counter|
1. counter - noun
· table consisting of a horizontal surface over which business is transacted
2. counter - noun
· game equipment (as a piece of wood, plastic, or ivory) used for keeping a count or reserving a space in various card or board games
3. counter - noun
· a calculator that keeps a record of the number of times something happens
Hypernym(s): calculator, calculating_machine
4. counter - noun
· a piece of furniture that stands at the side of a dining room; has shelves and drawers
Synonym(s): buffet, sideboard
Hypernym(s): furniture, piece_of_furniture, article_of_furniture
5. counter - noun
· a person who counts things
Hypernym(s): person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
6. counter - noun
· a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one); "it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher"
Synonym(s): rejoinder, retort, return, riposte, replication, comeback
Hypernym(s): reply, response
7. counter - noun
· (computer science) a register whose contents go through a regular series of states (usually states indicating consecutive integers)
8. counter - noun
· a piece of leather forming the back of a shoe or boot; "a counter may be used to stiffen the material around the heel and to give support to the foot"
9. counter - noun
· a return punch (especially by a boxer)
Synonym(s): counterpunch, parry
Hypernym(s): punch, clout, poke, lick, biff, slug
10. counter - verb
· speak in response; "He countered with some very persuasive arguments"
Hypernym(s): answer, reply, respond
11. counter - verb
· act in advance of; deal with ahead of time
Synonym(s): anticipate, foresee, forestall
Hypernym(s): act, move
12. counter - adjective
· indicating opposition or resistance
13. counter - adverb
· in the opposite direction; "run counter"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.