1. correct - verb
· make right or correct; "Correct the mistakes"; "rectify the calculation"
2. correct - verb
· make reparations or amends for; "right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust"
3. correct - verb
· censure severely; "She chastised him for his insensitive remarks"
Hypernym(s): call_on_the_carpet, take_to_task, rebuke, rag, trounce, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress_down, call_down, scold, chide, berate, bawl_out, remonstrate, chew_out, chew_up, have_words, lambaste, lambast
4. correct - verb
· adjust for; "engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
5. correct - verb
· punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience; "The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"
6. correct - verb
· go down in value; "the stock market corrected"; "prices slumped"
7. correct - verb
· alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
8. correct - verb
· treat a defect; "The new contact lenses will correct for his myopia"
9. correct - adjective
· free from error; especially conforming to fact or truth; "the correct answer"; "the correct version"; "the right answer"; "took the right road"; "the right decision"
10. correct - adjective
· socially right or correct; "it isn't right to leave the party without saying goodbye"; "correct behavior"
11. correct - adjective
· in accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure; "what's the right word for this?"; "the right way to open oysters"
12. correct - adjective
· correct in opinion or judgment; "time proved him right"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.