1. contrary - noun
· a relation of direct opposition; "we thought Sue was older than Bill but just the reverse was true"
2. contrary - noun
· exact opposition; "public opinion to the contrary he is not guilty"
3. contrary - noun
· a logical relation such that two propositions are contraries if both cannot be true but both can be false
4. contrary - adjective
· very opposed in nature or character or purpose; "acts contrary to our code of ethics"; "the facts point to a contrary conclusion"
5. contrary - adjective
· of words or propositions so related that both cannot be true but both may be false; "`hot' and `cold' are contrary terms"
6. contrary - adjective
· resistant to guidance or discipline; "Mary Mary quite contrary"; "an obstinate child with a violent temper"; "a perverse mood"; "wayward behavior"
7. contrary - adjective
· in an opposing direction; "adverse currents"; "a contrary wind"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.